Products Used: Compact Sectional Door
February 2016 saw the opening of the new state of the art Kilmore Toyota car showroom and workshop which opened for business following the build of a brand new facility providing a full range of services for new and current clients. The design and build team had the advantage of including state of the art features such as a special heated floor, with under-floor water recycling tanks.
Just an hour from Melbourne’s busy CBD, Kilmore Toyota have vast experience and insight into new Toyota car sales and repairs for both city and country drivers alike.
The team at Kilmore hold a large local inventory featuring new Toyota's and used vehicles of all makes and models. Kilmore Toyota, alongside Seymour Toyota, has been proudly serving the local Victorian community for many years, specialising in, as mentioned above, new Toyota vehicle sales and used vehicle sales as well as finance & insurance, vehicle servicing and genuine parts and accessories.
February 2016 saw the opening of the new state-of-the-art Kilmore Toyota car showroom and workshop and a new Toyota LandCruiser was one of the first vehicles to drive through the doors into the new space on the 22 February 2016.
The design and build team had the advantage of including state of the art features such as a special heated floor with under-floor water recycling tanks to ensure the comfort of both employees, in the showroom and the workshop, and clients. Therefore, to complement the comfort of the showroom the Toyota team required bespoke, insulated car showroom doors to maintain indoor temperatures and reduce energy costs overall. Read more about temperature control and the importance of 'Maintaining Temperature in Automotive Workshops' in our blog.
Kilmore Toyota required fifteen bespoke Compact Sectional Doors and one roller shutter door which comprised of:
- Two new car delivery and showroom compact sectional doors measuring 3100mmH x 3500Wmm constructed of glass, fully glazed, full vision panel sectional doors with 4mm thick safety glass.
- Six in-and-out car showroom compact sectional doors measuring 3500mmH x 3000mW providing access to vehicle repair and servicing bays. These doors were constructed of insulated panel segment doors in RAL 9006 (Grey) with two being high speed doors for faster access to repair bays.
- Four 3500mmH x 4000mmW in-and-out car showroom sectional doors also constructed of insulated panel segment doors in RAL 9006 (Grey) to match the building design.
- One new car detailing bay, compact door measuring 3000mmH x 3000mmW also constructed of insulated panel segment doors in RAL 9006 (Grey).
- Two vehicle parts delivery compact doors measuring 2200mmH x 2100mmW constructed of insulated panel segment doors in RAL 9006 (Grey).
- And one roller shutter for their car wash bay area.
Compact Sectional Doors were chosen for the Kilmore Toyota new car showroom by the Principal Dealers for the following reasons:
- As a more efficient, space saving and favourable option to the standard and cumbersome folding glass door or overhead sectional door.
- Traditional overhead sectional doors require wall space and ceiling space to allow the door panels to run up and under the ceiling. The tracks are often supported by unsightly bracing and ceiling supports. And, the lifting shaft and springs are all exposed, adding to an unsightly look in an otherwise clean, modern environment. The Compact Sectional Doors chosen by Kilmore Toyota have none of that. By contrast, they’re neat, free of any exposed springs, and compact! Their small footprint and compact design meant that the entire existing electrical and lighting infrastructure in the new facility remained undisturbed. The Compact Sectional Door leaves fold together above the entrance while opening, and saves not only space but is also very easy to operate and are maintenance friendly.
- As a smart, full vision exit / entry point for new vehicles, receivables and of new and second-hand vehicles; as well as vehicles coming into the facility for servicing.
- The Glass, fully glazed vision panelling of the Compact Sectional Doors allow plenty of natural light into the new facility from floor to ceiling, as well as enabling easy access for vehicles (and without taking up valuable ceiling space when in the open position, as many other conventional overhead doors require a significant ceiling allowance) as well as helping to maintain indoor heating / cooling for the comfort of employees and clients.
- Compact Sectional Doors offer not only a great look for your facility, but also convenience and usability for a range of vehicles and equipment.
- The insulated panels of the car servicing and repair bay doors also contribute to maintaining indoor temperatures by reducing energy loss through standard roller shutters. Temperature control is also very important for workshop personnel as discussed in our blog article here > Temperature control in Automotive Workshops.
Not only is the Compact Sectional Door favoured by Architects due its versatility in appearance and aesthetics, but it is also favoured by many builders due to its versatility on site when it comes to ease of installation as it does not require a large, wasted, overhead space allowance which is normally specified for standard overhead doors. This wasted space created by standard overhead sectional doors cannot be utilised for any other purpose.
With the Compact Sectional Door, the roof space can be fully utilised without impacting the door both in open and closed state.
Scope of Works:
1. Consultancy and Planning
2. Made to measure components
3. Delivery and installation of Compact Sectional Door and custom steelwork.
Compact Sectional Doors installed at Kilmore Toyota New Car Showroom:
The door leaves fold up neatly into a tidy section above the door (door leavesw recessed into the ceiling on the left below):
The Compact Sectional Doors from inside the car servicing area and showroom showing the natural light flowing into the area:
Glazed, glass, full vision Compact Sectional Doors in the new state-of-the-art car showroom facility:
Thirteen doors were constructed of insulated panel segment doors in RAL 9006 (Grey) with two being high speed doors for faster access to repair bays:
Minimal overhead space required for the open/folded door leaves above the door opening:
You May Also Be Interested in:
The Warrnambool Mazda dealership has built a state-of-the-art showroom, service department and second-storey offices to rival slick metropolitan dealerships.
Costing several million dollars, it will triple capacity and have display space for more than 100 vehicles and servicing capacity for 40 cars a day.
Compact Sectional Doors have also been installed at Geoffrey Thompson Fruit Packing in the loading docks at the new Orrvale facility. Compact Sectional Doors are manufactured bespoke to the facility requirements and aesthetics.
Wagga Motors is Riverina's largest car sales yard offering 13 brands. Four glazed glass Compact Sectional doors were installed in the new dealership showroom for VW and Holden, built by Jaques & Co.