The team at Remax recently embarked on a large refurbishment project for Northern Health Hospital which included two additional operating theatres, expansion of the general sterile services, new patient reception, expansion of an on-site pharmacy, expansion of the radiology services, new nurses station and an entry and exit redevelopment.
SCOPE OF WORKS
Consultancy and Planning
Made to Measure Components
Delivery and Installation
Medical / Hospital
The project consisted of a mixture of both Auto Sliding 4500 Series Hospital Theatre Doors as well as Automated 5000 Series Hospital Sliding doors. The main differences between Remax Coldshield Hospital Doors and regular (timber) hospital theatre doors comes down to:
- Weight: A Coldshield door is typically up to 50% lighter than standard timber doors. Therefore, also extending the life of the doors, as less weight is carried on the door mechanisms.
- Full surround rubber doors seals: forms an impregnable barrier when doors are closed, maintaining positive pressure required by operating theatres.
- Unlike wooden doors, our doors will not splinter, will not absorb moisture (and therefore mould/bacteria), will not deteriorate over time and never requires painting. Ensuring easier sterilization and aseptic operating conditions from doorways which are, ironically, one of the busiest and most heavily handled furnishings in a healthcare facility.
- Thermal Value Comparable with 100mm Polystyrene Panel.
- Range of standard colors that will not fade, and maintain attractive appearance in all environments.
- Double glazed window included in door panel as standard.
- Option to incorporate honeycomb blinds and signage into double glazed windows.
- Self supporting mounting system does not rely on structural integrity of doorway/walls
For photos of the official opening, click here.